TECHTONAS provides simple, streamlined and effective IT infrastructure Services and advanced IT infrastructure solutions to ensure that your business has the optimum base from which to build and run its operations.
With TECHTONAS assistance, our clients are guided, whether it be an entire project or a series of business enablers, equipping you with IT infrastructure, applications and services that enhance your ICT environment.
SOME OF TECHTONAS KEY STRENGTHS WITHIN THESE AREAS ARE:
Operating environments and messaging
Network design, operating system configuration, deployment, file and print, email, office communications and office-on-the-go.
Network security, data warehousing and protection, data recovery, disaster recovery, secure communications, email content filtering and Internet content filtering
On-site and off-site warehousing solutions, information lifecycle management, management of information flow and critical data synchronization to data vaults
Server virtualization, desktop virtualization, application virtualization and presentation virtualization offerings, from both proprietary vendors and the open-source community
Routing and switching, network infrastructure
Supplying integrated systems based on proven routing, switching, and security and communications solutions for unparalleled service performance, investment protection and end-user productivity
Service provider solutions
ADSL and high-speed Internet access, local and wide area network solutions, wireless LAN mobility, high-performance cable systems and fiber optics, microwave, open-source solutions, software as a service, and service provider license agreements
Physical, virtual, on-cloud, hybrid, software and hardware
Choosing the most appropriate technology offering to ensure effective operation of systems and organization of relevant platforms, software licenses and management
IP telephony infrastructure
Providing benefits of converging voice and data over a single unified network
TECHTONAS unified networking solution enables anytime, anywhere, secure communications throughout your company and across the Internet. This is achieved by its ability to bring core networking functions together, including routing, switching, security, WAN optimization and Internet services.
TECHTONAS network systems end-to-end approach allows technical staff to manage the network centrally. With proper management, the network reliably connects all local and remote employees and provides them with on-demand access to the same business applications and services.
TECHTONAS unified networking solutions create an inherently intelligent, integrated network that adapts to current and future business needs by:
- Providing secure, unconstrained connectivity between employees, clients, and information.
- Delivering quality, real-time applications, such as voice and video, on a converged network platform.
- Helping to ensure access to information and resources from anywhere.
- Automating a manageable and self-defending network.
- Reducing operating expenses.
- Enabling green business, IT and networking practices
Through our virtualization offerings, TECHTONAS strives to develop customized solutions that cover all virtualization strategies, fine-tune our unique ‘hypervisor-agnostic’ (objective, independent and flexible) philosophy; and locate the best partners available to meet the needs of our clients so they receive real and measurable business benefits. And true to our philosophy, we provide a host of options for adopting virtualization.
OUR VIRTUALIZATION SOLUTIONS INCLUDE:
- Application Virtualization which compartmentalizes or streams programmers directly to the endpoints.
- Desktop Virtualization either on-demand, shared or permanent.
- Presentation Virtualization which allows all applications to be installed and executed on a multi-tenant server that redirects video, keyboard and mouse signals to the user's virtual session.
- Server Virtualization which allows multiple operating systems to be installed and executed on a multi-tenant server with a minimal performance impact.
- User Workspace Management which is a software solution that facilitates the management of the user workspace environment. The focus is primarily on the end-user and their workspace environment and not on the end user’s device.
WHAT IS VIRTUALIZATION?
Virtualization is a combination of software and hardware engineering that creates Virtual Machines (VMs) – an abstraction of the computer hardware that allows a single machine to act as if it where many machines.
- Without VMs: A single OS owns all hardware resources
- With VMs: Multiple OSes, each running its own virtual machine, share hardware resources
- Virtualization enables multiple operating systems to run on the same physical platform
ADVANTAGES OF USING VIRTUALIZATION
Today’s IT-intensive enterprise must always be on the lookout for the latest technologies that allow businesses to run with fewer resources while providing the infrastructure to meet today and future customer needs.
- Server Consolidation: It is not unusual to achieve 10:1 virtual to physical machine consolidation. This means that ten server applications can be run on a single machine that had required as many physical computers to provide the unique operating system and technical specification environments in order to operate. Server utilization is optimized and legacy software can maintain old OS configurations while new applications are running in VMs with updated platforms. Although a server supporting many VMs will probably have more memory, CPUs, and other hardware it will use little or no more power and occupy the same physical space reducing utilities costs and real estate expenditures.
- Testing and development: Use of a VM enables rapid deployment by isolating the application in a known and controlled environment. Unknown factors such as mixed libraries caused by numerous installs can be eliminated. Severe crashes that required hours of reinstallation now take moments by simply copying a virtual image.
- Dynamic Load Balancing and Disaster Recovery: As server workloads vary, virtualization provides the ability for virtual machines that are over-utilizing the resources of a server to be moved to underutilized servers. This dynamic load balancing creates efficient utilization of server resources. Disaster recovery is a critical component for IT, as system crashes can create huge economic losses. Virtualization technology enables a virtual image on a machine to be instantly re-imaged on another server if a machine failure occurs.
- Virtual Desktops: Multinational flexibility provides seamless transitions between different operating systems on a single machine reducing desktop footprint and hardware expenditure. “…Parallels Desktop for Mac, a virtual machine application. Instead of Boot Camp’s dual-boot approach, Parallels Desktop runs Windows XP directly on the Mac OS desktop (in what Parallels calls “near-native performance”)–allowing you to run both OSs simultaneously and switch back and forth seamlessly.” Daniel A. Begun, CNet: Heresy: Windows XP performance on a Mac.
- Improved System Reliability and Security: Virtualization of systems helps prevent system crashes due to memory corruption caused by software like device drivers. VT-d for Directed I/O Architecture provides methods to better control system devices by defining the architecture for DMA and interrupt remapping to ensure improved isolation of I/O resources for greater reliability, security, and availability.